This book is so sweet! (But caution, it involves the eating of a very cute animal!)
As a follow up to reading the book, students created miniature hats just like Bear's. I found the hat template here on Scribd.
A few action shots of students being creative:
They love their mini hats!
This book was loved by many. The simple illustrations made it easy to see what was happening in the story. The dialogue-only text made it fun to read to students and they enjoyed hearing all of the different voices I could project. They especially loved my squirrel voice! (Had to be there...)
Stay tuned for week three of our Golden Archer reads!
The Golden Archer Awards are sponsored by WEMTA, the WI state library association. The award is completely student chosen, from nomination to final award. The 2013 nominees are:
1. A Ball for Daisy by Raschka, Christopher (2011)
2. Blackout by Rocco, John (2011)
3. Happy Pig Day by Willems, Mo (2011)
4. I Want My Hat Back by Klassen, Jon (2011)
5. Polo and the Dragon by Faller, Regis (2009)